Full building surveys
The MiBuilding Survey is a full building survey (formerly known as a structural survey). It is the UK’s only quality controlled, fixed format full survey and you can rely on its report to help you make informed decisions about your new home.
And because it’s written on ground-breaking, photo-driven surveyor software it’s competitively priced and delivered in a consistent and reliable format.
The format of the MiBuilding Survey report is consistent with the guidance note requirements for a Survey Level 3 as defined by RICS Surveys of Residential Property 3rd edition May 2016.
The report will be approximately 70 pages in length, uses a clear ‘1, 2, 3’ rating system, is in an easy-to-read format, contains 30–60 photographs and provides a good depth of information about any problems found, along with relevant advice.
A full building survey is a full and thorough inspection, including:
- Damp assessment
- Subsidence, settlement and structural movement
- Condition of the external chimneys, roofs, walls, gutters, flat roofs
- Internal roof structure and condition (the ‘loft’)
- Timber rot and damage
- Insect or beetle infestations (sometimes known as ‘woodworm’)
- Windows and doors
- Services – heating, boiler, electrics, gas, oil
- Drains – mains, private cesspits and septic tanks
- Alterations – extensions, loft conversions, chimney removals, wall removals
- Ventilation issues
- Grounds and boundaries
- Energy efficiency advice
- Conveyancing issues – e.g. planning and building control items
- Health & Safety issues – e.g. asbestos
- Council information
- Listed building information
Your lender’s valuation (often incorrectly referred to as a ‘valuation survey’) is done by their valuer solely to allow them to assess the risk of their loan. The valuer may spend as little as 15 minutes on site.
Your full building surveyor is a residential property specialist who will carry out a thorough inspection and clearly explain the condition of each element of the building, and give you advice on the urgency of repairs and maintenance.
The MiBuilding Survey is suitable for all property types and offers you clear and jargon-free information and advice, a detailed inspection to reduce caveats and exclusions, and competitive pricing.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- Full building surveys
- Listed/cherished building surveys
- Building defect reports
- Party wall matters
27 Jun 2017
Keeping up with tradition
20 Apr 2017
03 Apr 2017
That sinking feeling
Newsletter sign up
Back at Westdean on 5th module of the professional diploma in Conservation. excellent workshop on plaster repairs.… https://t.co/aqaXe1QZxV
It's always great receiving recognition for doing a job you enjoy! 3 Best Surveyors in Cambridge - ThreeBestRated https://t.co/tt2vf8mAR7
In this months Insider Guide we are featuring drains https://t.co/7bD7KHLsNH